The Industry, University and Government Transactions (IUGT) Committee is an LESI Professional Committee that serves as the focal point for the members of the licensing profession involved with transactions between Industry and University/Government bodies.
The mission of the Industry, University and Government Transactions Committee is to promote the licensing profession involved with transactions between Industry and University/Government bodies, by inter alia, promoting networking among its members, sponsoring appropriate educational activities such as workshops, lectures, and seminars and identifying and collaborating on problem areas of concern to, and major new developments in, this profession.
The goals of the Industry and University/Government Transactions (IUGT) Committee include the following:
- Produce an LES Workshop and/or Webinar on key issues for the profession moderated by the Industry and University/Government Transactions Committee
- Conduct/sponsor at least one Workshop at the LESI Annual Conference
- Secure and sponsor at least one publication in les Nouvelles
- Populate and maintain the Committee pages on the LESI Website
- Maintain regular communication to the IUGT members via an e-mail-newsletter
- Establish, continue or enlarge contacts with other committees as e.g. the Young Members Congress, the External Relations Committee and local IUGT committees
- Develop and coordinate co-operation projects with these committees in line with the joining hands initiative
- Lionel Tan (LES Singapore)
- Laura MacDonald (LES Benelux)
- Karin Hofmann (LES Austria)
- Jean-Christophe Troussel (LESI Vice President)