The Trademarks, Designs and Merchandising Committee is an LESI Professional Committee that serves as the focal point for the members of the licensing profession involved with the licensing of trademarks, designs and merchandising.
The mission of the Trademarks, Designs and Merchandising Committee is to promote the licensing profession involved with trademarks, designs and merchandising, by, inter alia, promoting networking among its members, sponsoring appropriate educational activities such as workshops, lectures, and seminars and identifying and collaborating on problem areas of concern to, and major new developments in, this profession.
The goals of the Trademarks, Design and Merchandising Committee include the following:
- Develop with assistance from the LESI External Relations Committee an Outreach strategy for contacting and collaborating with relevant professional and business organizations involved with the licensing of trademarks, designs and merchandising as a significant part of their agenda
- Coordinate with the LESI External Relations Committee to identify relevant target professional organizations involved with the licensing of trademarks, designs and merchandising as a significant part of their agenda and to implement the Outreach strategy to make and maintain contact with them and to collaborate on activities with them
- Seek to produce an LES Workshop and Webinar on key issues for the profession moderated by the Trademarks, Designs and Merchandising Committee but comprising presenters from the third party organizations. The program should focus on similarities and differences regarding such key issues between the organizations
- Conduct/sponsor at least two Workshops at the 2020 LESI Annual Conference
- Secure and sponsor at least one publication in les Nouvelles
- Populate and maintain the Committee pages on the LESI Website
- Simon Chalkley (LES Britain & Ireland)
- Johan Du Preez (LES South Africa)
- Tatiana Campello (LESI Vice President)