Industry speakers from companies like GSK, J&J, UCB, Celyad, LFB and Imec will share their first-hand experiences at the LES Benelux Topic Meeting. The acknowledged speakers will discuss the following topics:
- Competition law issues in the Life Sciences sector – Understand the most pressing current issues of competition law for IP and tech transfer specialists active in the sector of Life Sciences
- Supplementary Protection Certificates & manufacturing waiver – Master the latest developments in drug life cycle management. Hear an update on SPC case law. Experts from the EU regulator, the industry and law firms will exchange views on the new EU regulation and its impact on the industry.
- Trade secret protection – What does “reasonable steps” really mean for life sciences companies – Reasonable steps” are required under the EU directive for information to enjoy trade secret protection. What steps are required? What does it mean in practice.
- The business of buying/selling technology – How do Life Sciences BD people actually work? How do they identify the technologies and deals of interest? How do they approach negotiation? Experience sharing from different (industry, VC and university) angles.
- Compensation for employee invention – How do companies deal with employee invention? Including in the framework of clinical trials (patents based on results)? And including in the USA? First-hand practical experience from industry experts.
- Successful R&D set-ups – Innovation centers and incubators. How do they work? How can I get in? Real life experience sharing
View the full programme and register here