The Energy, Environment, Materials, and Chemicals (EEMC) Committee is an LESI Industry Committee that serves as the focal point for the members of the oil petrochemical, chemical, polymers, renewable energy, and associated industries.
The mission of the Energy, Environment, Materials, and Chemicals Committee is to promote licensing in the oil petrochemical, chemical, polymers, renewable energy, and associated industries by, inter alia, promoting networking among its members, sponsoring appropriate educational activities such as workshops, lectures, and seminars and identifying and collaborating on problem areas of concern to, and major new developments in, these industries.
The goals of the EEMC Committee include the following:
- Develop with assistance from the LESI External Relations Committee an Outreach strategy for contacting and collaborating with relevant professional and business organizations in the chemical, energy, environmental and materials sectors (e.g. AICAG, ACS, IEEE, etc.) who have licensing/technology transfer as part of their agenda
- Coordinate with the LESI External Relations Committee to identify relevant target third party chemical, energy, environmental and materials organizations (e.g. AICAG, ACS, IEEE, etc.) who have licensing/technology transfer as a significant part of their agenda and to implement the Outreach strategy to make and maintain contact with them and to collaborate on activities with them
- Seek to produce an LES Workshop and Webinar on key licensing/technology transfer issues for the industry moderated by the CEEM Committee but comprising presenters from the third party organizations. The program should focus on similarities and differences regarding such key issues between the organizations.
- Conduct/sponsor at least two Workshops at the LESI Annual Conference
- Secure and sponsor at least one publication in les Nouvelles
- Populate and maintain the Committee pages on the LESI Website
- Vikran Duangmanee (LES Thailand)
- Gary Ma (LES Chinese Taipei)
- Rashid Khan (LES USA/Canada)
- Tanja Sovic (LES Austria)
- Achim Krebs (LES Benelux)
- Sumiko Kobayashi (LES Japan)
- Audrey Yap (LESI President-Elect)