The Communications Committee is an LESI Management Committee responsible for communications between and among LESI, LES Member Societies, and LES members worldwide. It maintains and develops the LESI Website and the publication and dissemination of les Nouvelles. The Committee activities facilitate the wide dissemination of the discussions and deliberations of LESI and its committees and an exchange of information on matters of interest related to licensing.
The mission of the Communications Committee is to: supervise, monitor and improve communications between LES International and Member Societies, among Member Societies, among Committees and their members, among Member Societies and Committees; and between LESI and its LES members worldwide. In doing so, the Committee is responsible for managing the operation of the LES International website and the publication and distribution of les Nouvelles (including compliance with contracts for electronic distribution of les Nouvelles). Ensuring a current and accurate directory of members is always available to members. Also, educating Member Societies and their members on use of the LES International web site and encouraging Member Societies to either establish their own websites or establish their own page on the LES International website. Establishing and actively managing a public relations program designed to enhance the recognition and image of LES International.
The goals of the Communications Committee to include the following:
- Continue development and management of the new LESI website and its various functionalities, including its Member Directory
- Continue the management of the publication and distribution of les Nouvelles, as well as the compliance with contracts for electronic distribution of les Nouvelles
- Develop and implement a program for educating Member Societies and their members on use of the LES International website
- Continue to manage, devise and disseminate educational programs and materials of LES International, as well as of those from LES Member Societies
- Populate and maintain the Committee pages on the LESI website
- Ludovico Anselmi (LES Italy)
- Aykut Gülalanlar (LES Turkey)
Immediate Past Chairs:
- Jim Bratton (LES USA/Canada)
- Michael Lechter (LES USA/Canada)
- Hector Chagoya (LES Mexico)
- Mattia Dalla Costa (LESI Board Legal Counsel)