The Life Sciences Committee is an LESI Industry Committee that serves as the focal point for the members of the Life Sciences industries.
The mission of the Life Sciences Committee is to promote licensing in the pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, agrobio, genetic engineering, medical diagnostics and associated industries by, inter alia, promoting networking among its members, sponsoring appropriate educational activities such as workshops, lectures, and seminars and identifying and collaborating on problem areas of concern to, and major new developments in, these industries.
The goals of the Life Sciences Committee for 2022-2023 include the following:
- Join together Committee members from numerous national societies to share their countries' laws and licensing best practices on topics of interest in life sciences
- Implement an Industry Advisory Board to ensure relevance in programming and activities
- Participate in programming for workshops at the LESI Annual Conference or at other major LES Conferences
- Secure and sponsor publications in les Nouvelles
- Populate and maintain the Committee's page on the LESI Website
- Support life science initiatives of the Young Members Committee
- Support the Life Sciences Royalty Rate Surveys