The External Relations Committee is an LESI Management Committee responsible for managing LESI's relations with external entities, such as governments, and professional, public and private institutions organizations and individuals.
The mission of the External Relations Committee is to manage LESI’s relations with external entities. This is done by maintaining, facilitating and intensifying contacts with other international organizations whose activities are complementary to or can assist in promoting the purposes of LES International; such as WTO, WIPO, AIPPI, ICC, Agencies of the UN, World Economic Forum. These are identified by the Committee, the Board of Directors or the Board of Delegates from time to time. By collaborating with these organizations on worthwhile projects or conferences and consulting with them on any significant new developments planned or to be initiated having an impact on the purposes of LESI as set out in Article 1 Section 2 of the By-Laws. Such contacts include contacts between the LESI Committees and such external entities.
The goals of the External Relations Committee for 2022-2023 include the following:
- Continue and, where possible, expand relations with external entities, as identified by the Committee, the Board of Directors or the Board of Delegates from time to time
- Seek and investigate projects and opportunities for collaborating with identified external organizations on worthwhile projects and conferences and consulting with them on any significant new developments planned or to be initiated having an impact on the purposes of LESI as set out in Article 1 Section 2 of the By-Laws and make recommendations thereon
- Develop and appropriate working procedure for providing External relations Committee oversight and guidance on LESI Committee contacts with external entities which provides the Committees with sufficient freedom to initiate and conduct such contacts
- Develop a committee structure to better address organizational outreach by major program (i.e. GTIF), region and LESI Committee needs
- Develop a database of all external organizations relevant to LESI and an annual communication piece to each
- Populate and maintain the Committee pages on the LESI Website