The Membership Committee is an LESI Management Committee responsible for managing membership and the membership recruitment and retention programs for LESI, as well as those of Member Societies requesting the Committee's assistance.
The mission of the Membership Committee is to devise and manage programs and materials for LES International and interested LES Member Societies for the recruitment and retention of members. This will be done by reviewing the qualifications Member Societies apply to become an LES member, monitoring compliance with the Articles of Incorporation and By-Laws of LES International. In particular, with the obligations for Member Societies as set out in Sections 1 and 2 of Article VIII thereof, assisting candidate societies to meet membership criteria and examining any application for membership of candidate societies. Also, the Committee must assist Member Societies to increase their activities and make recommendations on any of the foregoing.
The goals of the Membership Committee include the following:
- Monitoring compliance by the Member Societies with the Articles of Incorporation and By-Laws of LES International, and in particular with the obligations for Member Societies as set out in Sections 1 and 2 of Article VIII thereof, notifying the LESI Board of Directors and the LESI Board of Delegates of cases of non-compliance
- Reporting to the LESI Board of Directors and the LESI Board of Delegates on early signs of eventual failure, such as inactivity in respect of functions to be undertaken for the benefit of members, the failure to send delegates to meetings of the LESI Board of Delegates, the failure to pay dues, etc.
- Aiding and assisting defaulting Member Societies to overcome their difficulties and, to this end, soliciting the help of suitable Member Societies (Mentor Societies), including considering the cost/benefit of a part time coordinator located in Europe including potential assistance to LES Poland as a case study
- Preparing a short (less than 10 page) Membership Manual for small and new Societies including importance of educational content, business members and diversity from any single firm, including consideration of prior work done to develop Andean Society and Mentor Society best practices
- Working with the Education Committee to develop means to drive membership growth in Member Societies
- Recommending when the expulsion of a Member Society from LES International is justified
- Examine applications for membership of new societies, including surveying the conditions on site, advising on aid and assistance such applicants may need in meeting the membership requirements and keeping the LESI Board of Directors and the LESI Board of delegates informed of the progress of all candidates for membership
- Informing the LESI Board of Directors and the LESI Board of Delegates whenever a candidate Society has met the membership requirements and is in the Committee's opinion a suitable candidate for membership
- Devising recommendations for amendments to the requirements for Society membership
- Populate and maintain the Committee pages on the LESI Website
- Felix Grether (LES Switzerland)
- Rob McInnes (LESI Secretary)