When transactional IP involves a foreign partner, things become more complicated. There may be encumbrances or consequences on the transferred technology, knowledge, services or products that you are not even aware of.
- What if you supply to an exporting manufacturing partner, discovering that the manufacturing process was protected in one of the outlets of your partner?
- What if you partners provide you with technology and/or know-how, which turns out to be subject to export compliance regulations?
- Can you still freely decide with whom to cooperate and do business with?
- How to identify risks associated with such transactional IP, which risks are within the jurisdiction of you business partner?
- How to mitigate in your contracts/business deal these risks?
Experts from the USA, China, UK and the Netherlands will share their expertise on these matters with us.
Keep up to date here